Why Are You Selling?
It could be a job change, you want more or less space, or just want some financial flexibility. The reason that you are selling your home will most likely have an impact on the price at which you choose to list it. The sooner you need to be out, the lower the price will be. The more time you have to wait, the higher the price will be. At RELOCAL|HOME we are committed to helping you achieve all of your selling goals. Here are a few things to keep in mind as we begin the selling process together:
1. We will be here every step of the way
2. We work for you, you don't work for us
3. You aren't just a client, you are part of the R|H family
4. Your success is our success!
Cost of Selling Your Home
It is important to carefully examine the cost of selling your home. We will assist you in this process, laying out each expense at the very beginning so you know exactly what you are responsible for. This will give you a clear picture of how much you will need to sell your home for to calculate how much profit you are able to make after your home sells.
Some costs you will be responsible for include the commission, transfer and property taxes, and any remaining prorated HOA fees, where applicable.
Pricing Your Home
As we touched on already, there are many things that influence the price of your home. In most cases, your neighborhood comparables have already placed your home in a certain price pool based on what homes in your area/neighborhood have already sold for. Here are some strategies to keep in mind for effectively pricing your home:
1. Trust your Relocal Home agent to effectively price your property
2. It doesn't matter what you think your home is worth, the market will decide. Our job is
Prepare Your Home
There are hundreds of things that you can do to prepare your home for showings. But let's keep it simple and focus on the ones that are the most important. Remember, you only get one chance to make a good first impression!
1. Curb Appeal: This is the first impression someone will have of your home. Before they even get out of the car, they have already made an assumption on what the inside looks like based on the outside. Keep your grass cut, leaves blown, driveway pressure-washed, and bushes trimmed.
2. De-clutter the inside: Anything that you don't use on a weekly basis needs to be put away or in storage. You want people to be able to envision themselves in your home when they walk in. The more junk you have laying around, the less they will be able to see themselves living there.
3. Clean windows: No one wants to look out of their "future" kitchen to a blurred view of the front yard. If you have pets, clean the nose stains of the windows and screen doors.
4. General Overall Interior Cleaning
Stage Your Home
Did you know that taking certain pieces of furniture out of your home will make it look and feel bigger? Opening your blinds and drapes will also make it feel bright and cheerful. Here are a few inexpensive ways to show off your home's most attractive features:
1. Clean your carpets, especially if you have pets
2. Clean or repaint your walls, especially below three feet if you have pets
3. Get rid of excess wall hangings and furniture, as well as excess personal items
4. Leave a scented candle burning near the entrance before showings and play soft background music
5. Always leave the home during showings. They won't picture themselves at home if you're there