Hire an Agent
A good agent will always put their client first. A better agent treats their client like a friend. Even though you and your agent may not end up exchanging Christmas cards for the next ten years, we make it our goal to treat you like family.
This is one of the biggest investments of your life, and we want to make your home buying experience memorable, for all the right reasons. Our agents will:
1. Educate you about the market
2. Assist you with getting pre-approved with our lender, unless otherwise specified
3. Get to know all of your buying needs and special stipulations so we can find you the perfect home
4. Act as your relocation coordinator, helping you line up movers, contractors, and other professionals
5. Handle all the negotiations on your behalf to ensure you get the best deal possible, according to your instructions
6. Check and double check all paperwork, contracts, disclosures, etc. to make sure you are protected legally
7. Attend the closing with you as your representative to assist you in any way
8. Celebrate your home buying success with you!
Decide to Buy
This may seem like a no-brainer, but the home buying process takes commitment and patience. Identify the main reasons why you want to buy. An investment of this magnitude should not be made without careful thought and calculation.
There are many benefits to owning a home and our team of trained professionals is excited to assist you as we begin this journey together. You don't have to know everything; your RELOCAL|HOME agent will be right there with you every step of the way.
Secure Financing Pre-Approval
Getting pre-approved early on in the process is one of the most important things we can do togther. This allows us to narrow down a budget for which the lender will approve your loan, helping us determine what your home buying budget will be.
Once we have a buget set, we can begin the process of filterng our searches to only the homes that fall within your price range.
For this we recommend our preferred lender, Georgia Platinum Mortgage. We have know Ron Veres for 10+ years and we trust him like a brother. He offers very competitve pricing and and is very upfront and honest about your pre-approval and we are 100 percent confident that he will treat you like gold.
Find Your Home
Now the fun begins! But where do you start? Don't worry, your RELOCAL|HOME agent will be with you every step of the way helping you sort through the homes that meet your criteria. There are several questions you need to ask yourself when you begin searching for your home:
1. How close to main routes do you need to be?
2. How much space do you need (Bed, baths, basement, backyard, etc...)?
3. What types of ammenities do you need/want the most?
4. Are you interested in a fixer-upper?
5. Are you wanting a single-family detached, or a condo or townhome?
6. Do you want to handle yard maintenance or do you want a maintained community?
Once you have narrowed down your list of "must haves" and your list of "would like to haves" we can begin filtering our searches even more to only the homes that fit into those criteria. The home buying process is underway!
Make an Offer
Once we have found the home of your dreams, it's time to make an offer. Your RELOCAL|HOME agent will do all the necessary background work to make sure that the home is listed at a comparable price for that area. Once we have enough information, we will work together to make an offer that you are comfortable with. There are a few things to consider when deciding on an offer:
1. How comparable is the listing price?
2. What improvements have been made to the property?
3. What improvements NEED to be made to the property?
We will make the decision based on what is best for you. Remember, throughout this entire process, your RELOCAL|HOME agent works for you. You are the boss, we are here to help answer any questions you have and offer any professional advice as we see fit to ensure you get the best home at the best price.
Congratulations, your offer has been accepted! Now it's time to get an inspector inside the home to make sure it's in sound condition. Once we have the inspection report it is time to get back to the negotiation table and ask for any repairs or concessions you'd like the seller to address before closing. Next we will have the lender (if you are getting a loan) order the appraisal to make sure the home is worth what the sellers are asking for.
After the home has cleared the inspection with no major issues and the bank has appraised the home, it's time to move towards the closing table!
You are in the home stretch, but you still have some responsibilities to perform during this time. Here are a couple of things to keep in mind as we head towards the closing table.
1. Stay on top of your finances and do not make any major purchases. It is important that your finances remain steady so your mortgage is not put in jeopardy. It's best to wait until the home closes to purchase that Lamborghini you've been eyeing! Talk to your financial advisor if you have any questions.
2. Stay in contact with your RELOCAL|HOME agent. Occasionally there are a few minor things that will come up that need your signature or approval. We want to make this as smooth as possible. Communication is key!